Monday, July 23, 2012

>Coming

Okay guys, so there's a few developments.

First, Final Versions

We are coming down to the point where we need to start taking orders and shit. We have the final versions, but no one has voted on the Karlsland pin, save for one person. The reason I got the gold version created was so that we could look at it and decide as a group, but no one has responded except for the only person responding to the blog, so it is decided that we will go with the silver one. You can see the final versions on the previous blog post and look at their glory. Also, these are the clasps for the pins. The gold-pins will have gold clasps and the silver will have silver clasps.

Second, Cost

I got the quote (appears to be the final cost) for the pins and it looks like it will be cheaper per pin than expected. Each pin will be $2+Shipping. I feel like that steal is going to be very much more enjoyable to everyone than we had originally planned. As I've mentioned several times before, they DO offer boxes for each pin, but the issue with these boxes is that they are going to include extra shipping costs from me to the recipients, and honestly, they're not that great. You'd probably have a better time finding a case for yourself at some local pawn store or something. For that reason, I'm going to have to insist that no one decide on buying boxes. It'll be a pain for me AND you. For USA receivers, you will need to add $5.30 to each payment. International Shipping will be much more expensive however... Flat-rate shipping to Singapore, for example, would be $17. Non-flat-rate would be ~$10 at the minimum, but that doesn't include me paying for the packaging. I'll work out orders with international recipients over email if they are interested. 


Full Set USA Rate: $16+$5.30= $21.30+tax(if applies)
Full Set International Rate: $16+($12 to $17)= $28 to $33 depending on decisions

Lastly, The Pre-Orders

We are going to need to have a large number of pre-orders due to the fact that I have spent a lot of money since the beginning of this ordeal, which was when I got my last pay-check. I need to collect a list of emails from everyone and we will need to work out pay-pal. I would like not to have 500+ pins sitting around with no buyers until a convention to sell them at a swap-meet and make back my money. I'd like to reach at least 25-30 people deciding on pre-order before I start taking money. I'm positive we will have at least 10 based on those who have already given me emails, but we need to continue to get this train rolling.

Send me an email at SuperMikan@hotmail.com if you wish to place your hand in the ring for a full set. Those wishing to purchase only a few, please feel free to send me an email as well. At a certain point though, it's almost more worth it to just get the whole pack, isn't it, based on shipping cost?

11 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry man I dun goofed on both my posts. It's all good, I live in Maryland where the tax is .06, and so the overall total for a full set would be 22.58. Is that correct? When will you be accepting payment? How long will it take to ship them out? Who's you're favorite Strike Witch? And good job on the pins man, makes up for the pokemon badges I missed last year on /vg/.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Favorite Strike Witch is a toss-up between Shaali and Sanya. After orders are in, it will take 7-10 days to be made, then shipping is going to take about 20-25 days between them to the recipients.

      Delete
  3. Guess I have to make a trip to the bank tomorrow, and are you messaging people though emails? You mentioned having at least 10 people backing this up but it just seems so dead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've got other people, but they aren't in the blog. If you could shoot me an email, I can send you the same email I just sent out to the mailing list. I'll update the blog tomorrow morning, but I'm going to bed for now.

      Delete
  4. I sent you an e-mail yesterday but haven't gotten a reply yet, did I end up in spam somehow?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah same here, I sent an email yesterday but haven't received a reply, should I sent another one?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Send me another one. I'll make sure I get it.

    Supermikan@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. They went into my junk email. Sorry guys.

    ReplyDelete