Thursday, July 19, 2012

It Begins: The Greatest Pins of Our Time

Hello everyone,
This blog is dedicated to showing progress on the recreation of the pins above. These pins caught my attention a few months back in a buy-fag thread. In searching for each of them, I soon realized that this image was from a Japanese blog and that these pins were not for sale, nor would they be anytime soon. As such, I started thinking about how I might go about getting a custom set of pins made. Because of this, I searched out the cheapest place a in March, 2012, and found out that no matter what, I would end up buying 100 or more of these fantastic pins, assuming I wanted to buy them

With my summer-job money depleted and no way of paying for them, I had an idea. Basically, I started thinking about this project when Korbo the tripfag started his Horo Mugs and I was inspired. I decided I'd wait for another summer job to get the money to pay for it. Now, half-way into summer, I've reached my goal of having the money required to buy the pins. The problem now, however, is that I will be short on cash if I buy them now, at least until my next paycheck.

These pins are something I desired enough to buy 800 of them. I'm not in this game to make money, and the fact that I was on the demand-curve for this set at $90 (the maximum(ish) price I had in my head while searching to buy them as a standalone set) made me confident that others would love to buy them for $21 as a set (plus shipping of course.) So as of today, the beginning of the blog, I have had the company I am using make Fuso's pin

























Liberion's pin,













and Orussia's pin.















However, Orussia's is not quite finished. I am still planning to talk to them about finalizing the proof to add more shading to the centers of each segment of the pin.

This first set of pins looks absolutely brilliant to me and I'm so happy that they're working. As I get them all proofed by the shop, I'd like to get some input on the pins here on the blog. I'll add people to an email mailing group if they are interested in getting heads up on any big news on the pins.

Lastly, I must begin the talk about paying for each of these pins. The pins will be $3-4 each (It's safe to bet on $3 to be honest) and $21 for a full set. I would like to keep sales as limited to set-purchases as possible so we don't end up with a load of Britannia and France pins (WOOPS DID I JUST TYPE THAT?!)

I'll be fronting the money myself, so no pre-orders are needed unless we get an overwhelming amount of people who want to buy them. Again though, as I've already stated in threads, I'd like to keep Ebay out of this due to the "hot"ness of the item. If people have suggestions, I'm open, but I'd like to keep this within 4chan and Paypal (or similar means).

I'm happy to have gottten a pretty good number of positive replies in the threads so far, here's to working together for a greater good!

6 comments:

  1. You did not just suggest that mai waifu's pins would be unsold.

    She is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If this all true and legit, I'd be more than willing to buy the entire set.

    I remember seeing those pins before and the Zippo lighters and thinking "So much want".

    Post it in a Strike Witches thread sometime; we don't regularly create threads anymore but we all flock to it every time we see one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nobody likes Perrine... but why Lynette too?

      Delete
    2. You take that back. Perrine is perfect.

      Delete
  4. I just finished the concept art-suggestions for tomorrow's batch. The last 5 will hopefully look as good as Fuso's and Liberion's.

    ReplyDelete